PUPIL APPRAISL SERVICES
Pupil Appraisal Services provide the provision of services to students who have academic, behavioral, and/or communication challenges or other special needs which adversely impact the student’s educational performance. Services are provided to students, parents, teachers, and other school personnel.
Service delivery includes:
- assistance to teachers and other school personnel in the development and implementation of behavioral and/or instructional interventions through the district’s Response to Intervention (RTI) process
- provision of support services to non-disabled students with academic, behavioral, and/or communication difficulties
- consultation with parents, students, teachers and other personnel on related topics
- provision of staff development to school personnel
- evaluation of students to determine whether they are exceptional and in need of a specialized educational program and/or related services according to LDOE Pupil Appraisal Bulletin 1508.
- referral to other outside appropriate agencies when warranted
Licensed and/or Certified members of the multidisciplinary team composition in East Baton Rouge Parish include:
- Educational Diagnosticians
- School Psychologists
- School Social Workers
- Speech/Language Pathologists
- Adapted P. E. Specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- School Nurses
- Assistive Technology Specialists
- Orientation and Mobility Specialists
- Visually Impaired Specialist
Contact Exceptional Student Services at (225) 929-8600.