Apply NOW for Fall 2016!
This site is NOT the Magnet Application Portal for EBR Montessori Programs –
Call 922-5443 for Magnet information.
EBR Early Childhood Coordinated Funding Request
The EBR Coordinated Funding Request for the 2017-2018 school year is available for review and comments.
Each year, Lead Agencies are required to submit requests for funding through LA 4/TANF, NSECD, and Pre-K Expansion grants.
Chapter 709, Part B of Bulletin 140 states, “The lead agency shall provide an opportunity for each publicly-funded program in the community network and the general public in the coverage area of the community network to comment on the proposed funding request prior to submission to the Department and shall include documentation of this process in the funding request.”
Comments may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (225) 275-3645, or hand to delivered to 3000 N. Sherwood Forest Blvd., Building A, Attn: Pam Spears.
All comments must be submitted by close of business on December 1, 2016.
Making Important Links to Kindergarten
Required documents must be submitted to the school of preference. Call our office for more information at (225) 226-3762
Academic Screening will determine eligibility
EBR Public School Required Documents:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Social Security Card (once accepted)
- Guardian’s Picture Identification
- Up-to-Date Shot Record
- Proof of Residence (2 recent bills)
- 2 most current payroll stubs for all with income in the household
All parents must provide proof of income.
- Children in families with incomes at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for free tuition and considered “at-risk”.
- Children in families with incomes above 185% of the Federal Poverty Level may pay tuition not to exceed $475 per month.
- Foster children and homeless families are automatically eligible for publicly-funded seats.
- Special needs and ELL children may be eligible to receive services but must still qualify to participate in publicly-funded programs.
Eligibility is based on gross HOUSEHOLD income. Therefore, if there are 2 or more adults contributing to the financial needs of the family, all must provide proof of income.
EBR Early Childhood Community Network
Childcare Centers by Zip Code (Color Coded)
Please call our office at (225) 226-3668 for more information on our childcare centers.
Childcare Assistance Access here for more information.
Bright Beginnings Baker
Little Land Children’s
Baton Rouge Christian Academy
First Baptist Child Development Center
First Step Daycare
Second Baptist Christian Academy
Shiloh Baptist Church Early Learning Center
St. Francis Xavier
Step by Step Infant & Learning Center
University Methodist Preschool
University Presbyterian Church Day School
Cindy’s Little Angels Daycare
Courtney’s Christian Childcare
EduCare Academy #1
Shining Starz Childcare and Learning Center
Treasure Kiddie World
Watch Us Grow Daycare
Windsor Christian Childcare
ABC Children’s Learning Academy
Alicia’s Kiddie Station
Amani’s World Early Childhood
Greater King David
Kids & Company
Power of Excellence Learning Center
Rising Angels Daycare
True Believers Christian Daycare
Beachum Childcare Center
Child Enrichment DBA Kids World
C.N. Burrell Sr. Christian Academy
Kids are Really Exceptional
Little Jewels & Gems Learning Academy
Woman’s Hospital Child Development Center
Kindercare Learning Center
Little Bo Peep Daycare
Southside Child Development Center
St. Aloysius Childcare Center
K&K Christian Academy
Kindercare Learning Center
A Lil One’s Learning Center –Perkins
Westminster Academy #3
EduCare Academy #2
In Loving Arms
Ministry of Love Learning Center
Treasures from Heaven
Trinity’s Children Academy
God’s Lil Angels
Little Land Children’s Learning Workshop
TNT Christian Daycare
Alpha and Omega Childcare
Creative Children Learning Center
Richardson Daycare-S. Flannery
Abundant Blessings Childcare
Alpha & Omega @ St. Jean
Fundamentals Early Learning Center
Kids R Worth It
London Bridge #2
Animal Crackers Learning Center
A Total Learning Center
A Lil One’s Learning Center
Non Public School Early Childhood Development
4 Year Olds Pre-K Programs at NO Cost to Families
Hosanna Christian – 8850 Goodwood Blvd Ph 926.4885
Kindercare – 11349 Greenwell Springs Rd Ph 273.0932
Redemptorist – 3655 St.Gerard Ave. Ph 355.1437
St.Louis King of France – 2311 N. Sherwood Forest Dr. Ph 273.3932
EBR Public School Important Facts
- Child must be Age 4 by September 30, 2016
- Screening will determine Pre-K Eligibility
- Families not qualifying under federal guidelines for free tuition may pay a maximum of $475 monthly
- Pre-K is not required therefore there are a limited number of seats available
EBR Public School Application Process
Complete online application
Print confirmation page
Bring confirmation page and Required Documents to 1st school of preference
Schedule screening and complete Early Childhood Eligibility at school of preference
The East Baton Rouge Parish Early Childhood Community Network consists of 44 East Baton Rouge Parish Public Elementary Schools, 2 dedicated PK/K Centers, City of Baker Schools, 4 NSECD/Private schools, EBR Early Head Start, EBR Head Start, YWCA Early Head Start, 90+ Childcare Centers, and 13 Supporting Community Partner organizations. Our network will implement five key strategies to ensure that more at-risk children enter Kindergarten ready to succeed. Those strategies are:
- Unifying expectations for high quality teaching and early learning (Birth to Five Standards)
- Supporting teachers and providers to reach expectations
- Measuring and recognizing progress
- Funding providers that serve children well
- Providing clear information and high quality choices to families
We look forward to working with you as we strive to Make Important Links to Kindergarten!
EBRP Health Unit, 353 N. 12th Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, (225) 242-4860
East Feliciana Clerk of Court, 12305 St. Helena St, Clinton, LA 70722, (225) 683-5145
Social Security Office, 5455 Bankers Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70808, (225) 389-0694 or (800) 772-1213
LINKS Website: https://linksweb.oph.dhh.louisiana.gov/linksweb/main.jsp
Early Childhood- Online Application
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What information will I need to complete the Pre-K Online application?
- When you apply, you will need the following information:
- Your school of preference
- Your second choice of school
- Your child’s name, date of birth, and address
- Your name, address, phone number, and email address
- Name of siblings 4 years and under in the home
- Income verification
- Gross income amount, frequency, and selected verification proof (if applicable)
Note: If parent(s) do not submit income verification, they could be charged the maximum amount for tuition.
What is the age my child has to be to enter Pre-K?
- A child must be 4 years old by September 30, 2016.
Is Pre-K mandatory?
- Pre-K is not mandatory.
What are my other options if my child does not get in the Pre-K program and how I do select another program?
- Parents will have the option to reapply online and select another program of preference which may include: EBR Public Elementary Schools, EBR Dedicated PK/K Centers, City of Baker Schools, NSECD Private Schools, EBR Early Head Start Centers, EBR Head Start Centers and Childcare Centers.
What determines if my child is eligible for Pre-K?
- Child must be 4 by September 30, 2016.
- Screening and household income will determine eligibility.
Is transportation provided for EBR Public School Pre-K students?
- Transportation is provided if the student is in their attendance zone based on your home address.
- Parents can find which school is in their attendance zone by doing the following:
- Go to www.ebrschools.org
- Select schools
- Select attendance zone
- Select School and Bus Route Finder
- Call the Pre-K office at (225)226-3461
- Call Child Welfare and Attendance (225)239-7869
- Transportation is provided to students who attend one of the two Pre-K sites: Southdowns or Delmont Dedicated Pre-K.
- Parents must provide transportation for their child if the student is not in their attendance zone.
How will I be notified if my child is accepted?
- Parents will be notified by email, if one is provided.
- If an email address is not provided, parents will receive a letter by mail.
What required documents should I bring to my child’s school once accepted into the program?
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Guardian’s Picture Identification
- Up-to-Date Shot Records
- Proof of Residence (2 recent Bills)
- Parents who do not have proof of residence may provide a notarized statement verifying that they reside at that address.
- 2 Most Current Payroll Stubs
Can someone other than the legal guardian turn in a child’s required documents to the school of preference?
- Yes, but the legal guardian must sign Notice of Possible Tuition Form.
What would parents enter for gross income and frequency if they select SNAP/Food Stamp Verification, Foster Care Placement Agreement, or Homeless Verification?
- Parents are required to enter gross income and frequency. However, if they select any of the three items above and provide appropriate verification, they are automatically eligible. They may enter any amount and frequency in these fields because it will not affect the determination.
Is the EBR Public School Pre-K Program free?
- Families not qualifying under federal guidelines for free tuition may pay a maximum of $475 monthly.
Who should I contact regarding more information about the EBR Public Pre-K programs?
- Parents can contact their local school or Shenoa Webb at our Pre-K office at (225)226-3461 to obtain more information about the program.
How can I get help with child care tuition?
EBR Early Childhood Community Network
Shenoa Thompson Webb
Executive Director of Early Childhood
Project Manager, Early Childhood Community Network
Teacher Coach, Early Childhood Community Network
Resource Coordinator, Pre-K Programs